Updated September 26, 2022
National Hispanic Heritage Month, held annually from September 15 to October 15, gives us an opportunity to recognize the contributions of Hispanic Americans to the history, culture and achievements of the United States. It’s also an opportunity for employers to recognize their team members’ professional contributions to their company’s culture and growth, and their employees’ personal contributions to their communities.
More and more employers are celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month as part of showing their commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). This is not only important for current employees to see DEI in action at their employer, it’s also important for potential candidates to get an inside look into the company’s values.
Here are some of the great examples we’ve seen from employers celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month this year. We hope that this gives you ideas and inspiration for how your company can shine a light on hispanic-identifying employees as well!
1. Investis Digital ‒ a Q&A style Employee Spotlight
2. New Jersey City University ‒ featuring multiple Employee Profiles
3. National Hockey League ‒ short profiles of Hispanic Employees with Operational Influence
4. Columbia University ‒ famous students and faculty, with Events and Resources
5. Kohls ‒ support through Product Vendors and Scholarships
6. Bank of America ‒ overview of commitment to Hispanic-Latino community
Social Media (tag #HispanicHeritageMonth or #NationalHispanicHeritageMonth)
7. UBS ‒ sharing Leadership Voices
8. G&C Food Distributors ‒ sharing a Recipe from an employee
9. CDW ‒ showcasing Employee Resource Group, tagging key employees
10. Delta ‒ encouraging comments and Audience Engagement
View this post on Instagram
Delta Airlines included a post on Instagram that encourages audience engagement.
11. Pediatrix Medical Group ‒ educating on healthcare disparity, commitment to Patient Care
12. Adult Education of Texas ‒ featuring an Employee Celebration
We hope you get inspired by the employers we’ve featured in these examples. From amplifying Hispanic employee voices and accomplishments, to demonstrating your company’s commitment to lifting up Hispanic communities, to simply showcasing how your team members get together to share stories and good food, there are many ways that your organization can celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month. The celebration runs through October 15, so there’s still time to participate!
We’d love to hear from you! How is your employer celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month? Contact us for the opportunity to add your work to this blog post and share your DEI commitments with the Rally community.