A natural writer. An engaging storyteller. An evangelist of inbound marketing. You love to write and create, whether it’s an ebook, blog, infographic, video, digital ad copy or social media post. You ensure every piece of content has an objective, is SEO optimized and can be measured. You get excited when your content gets views, downloads and shares, and even better, when it generates leads and buyers.
Rally is looking for a Content Strategist to jump in with your writing talent, creative spirit and can-do attitude to help grow our community and our company, and in the process, help modernize the way employers attract and recruit great candidates.
Why Join Us:
You won’t just be practicing inbound marketing, you’ll be teaching others how to do it. You’ll have a unique opportunity to not only create content that markets our company, but also partner with some of the leading vendors in the HR tech industry. If you’re looking to grow in your career with a manager who will support and mentor you, where your ideas and recommendations will actually get implemented, where it’s ok to fail and learn, where you’ll be trusted to try and do big things (because you can!), then come make an impact here at Rally.
This is a full-time contract position to start, with competitive salary, bonus plan and stock options! We’re headquartered in Boston, but you can work from home remotely anywhere in the US!
Rally Recruitment Marketing is the largest online community for talent acquisition and human resources professionals to learn new strategies and skills in the emerging discipline of recruitment marketing. In just one year, we’ve grown our community to more than 12,000 professionals and have partnered with HR tech market leaders including Glassdoor, Lever, The Muse, TMP Worldwide and Workable.
We’re known for providing high-quality thought leadership content like ideabooks and how-to guides and putting on popular events like virtual conferences, webinars and workshops that teach best practices in recruitment marketing, employer branding, candidate experience, content marketing, digital marketing, lead generation and social media. Read our first year anniversary press release to learn about how we’re making an impact in the industry.
When we say we’re a start-up, we mean you’ll be working side-by-side with me: Lori Sylvia, Founder and CEO of Rally. Yes, I’m writing this job description! I’m a former Chief Marketing Officer who has led marketing teams at several start-ups and who loves mentoring and developing content creators and marketing professionals to help them grow in their careers. Since I launched Rally last year, I’ve been fortunate to work with some great freelancers, but now I’m ready to build my first team – will you join me on this adventure?
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Grow our community through creating high-quality content that both educates and entertains, including blog posts, ebooks, ideabooks, how-to guides, case studies, infographics, presentations and videos
- Research and understand our community and their needs; strive to become a subject matter expert in recruitment marketing and bring your own thought leadership to our community
- Seek out and develop a consistent flow of external contributors to the Rally blog; conduct interviews with community members and ghostwrite articles and blog posts that make them shine
- Practice inbound marketing and SEO to get our content found when and where people are searching
- Lend your eye for grammar and detailed editing skills to everything we publish (following AP Style)
- Ensure Rally content is consistent in quality, tone-of-voice and style
- Bring your creativity in light graphics design to produce images and graphics that make our content visually appealing and easy to consume
- Use your production skills in Canva, Photoshop and InDesign to bring each content piece to life; oversee freelance graphics designers as needed
- Collaborate with our Marketing Manager to get your content promoted through our web, digital and social channels
- Foster great relationships with our community, sponsors and partners and make Rally a valuable resource for them
- Develop and manage an editorial content calendar to plan out and project manage our content deliverables; repurpose and repackage existing content to maximize their value; be resourceful to find and curate content that’s relevant to share
- Analyze, optimize and report on your content performance, so we know what content resonates and is valuable for our community
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in content writing, creation and production at a start-up or marketing agency where you’ve built content strategies and programs from scratch and have worn many hats. Maybe you’ve been a blogger or marketing associate and are ready to take the next step in your career. Or you’re currently a content strategist and ready to grow faster.
- Education: BA/BS in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing or Liberal Arts
- Skills: Versatile writer of long-form and consumable content, editing, repurposing / repackaging content, SEO, infographics planning and execution, social media, storytelling, interviewing, ghost writing, video creation and editing, light graphics design, curious, continuous learner, multi-tasker, detail oriented, project management, team player, collaborative style, adherence to deadlines, roll up your sleeves to get sh*t done in a fast-paced environment
- Tools we use: WordPress, Google Analytics, InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, Camtasia, PowerPoint, Pardot, Hootsuite, Google Docs, Google Slides
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive base salary, bonus plan and stock options; potential to become a full-time salaried position with benefits as the company grows
- Work from home – remote position from anywhere in the U.S. – have a flexible schedule to support a work/life balance
- Minimal travel (approx. once per quarter)
- Try and learn new content marketing strategies and tools to grow your skillset
- Enjoy who you work with and laugh each day