Is that you in the Constant Contact commercials? Every time you send an email campaign, do you get excited to watch the open and click through rates? After you create a landing page, do you continually hit refresh to see how many leads completed the form?
Rally is looking for a Marketing Manager to jump in with your strategic thinking, can-do attitude, creative spirit, analytical mind and operational chops to help grow our community and our company, and in the process, help modernize the way employers attract and recruit great talent.
Why Join Us:
You’ll have a unique opportunity to not only market our company, but also run marketing campaigns for some of the leading vendors in the HR tech industry. If you’re looking to grow in your career with a manager who will support and mentor you, where your ideas and recommendations will actually get implemented, where it’s ok to fail and learn, where you’ll be trusted to try and do big things (because you can!), then come make an impact here at Rally.
This is a full-time contract position to start, with competitive salary, bonus plan and stock options! We’re headquartered in Boston, but you can work from home remotely anywhere in the US!
Rally Recruitment Marketing is the largest online community for talent acquisition and human resources professionals to learn new strategies and skills in the emerging discipline of recruitment marketing. In just one year, we’ve grown our community to more than 18,000 professionals and have partnered with HR tech market leaders including Glassdoor, iCIMS, Lever, TextRecruit, The Muse and TMP Worldwide.
We’re known for providing high-quality thought leadership content like ideabooks and how-to guides and putting on popular events like virtual conferences, webinars and workshops that teach best practices in recruitment marketing, employer branding, candidate experience, content marketing, digital marketing, lead generation and social media. Read our first year anniversary press release to learn about how we’re making an impact in the industry.
When we say we’re a start-up, we mean you’ll be working side-by-side with me: Lori Sylvia, Founder and CEO of Rally. Yes, I’m writing this job description! I’m a former Chief Marketing Officer who has led marketing teams at several start-ups and who loves mentoring and developing marketing professionals to help them grow in their careers. Since I launched Rally last year, I’ve been fortunate to work with some great freelancers, but now I’m ready to build my first team – will you join me on this adventure?
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Grow our community through multi-channel email, social and digital campaigns that promote Rally’s content, webinars, virtual events and training
- Keep our community engaged through email content, social posts, surveys and landing pages that educate, entertain and convert
- Bring your creativity in copywriting and light graphics design to make our marketing and branding stand out
- Foster great relationships with our community, sponsors and partners and make Rally a valuable resource for them
- Develop and manage a marketing calendar to plan out and project manage our marketing campaigns
- Keep our database records up to date and oversee the lead triage process and remote triage team
- Test, analyze, optimize and report on your campaign performance, so that we’re getting smarter and better everyday
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience: 3-5 years of marketing experience preferably at a start-up or marketing agency where you’ve built strategies and programs from scratch and have worn many hats. Maybe you’ve been a marketing associate and are ready to take the next step in your career. Or you’re currently a marketing manager and ready to grow faster.
- Education: BA/BS in Marketing, English, Communications or Liberal Arts
- Skills: Email marketing, marketing automation, conversion rate optimization, landing page creation, copywriting, lead generation, social media management, digital marketing, webinar management, marketing operations, light graphics design, multi-tasker, detail oriented, project management, team player, collaborative style, roll up your sleeves to get sh*t done in a fast-paced environment
- Tools we use: Pardot (but you can come with experience in any marketing automation software – Pardot is super easy to pick up!), Salesforce, WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Hootsuite, Canva, Photoshop, Camtasia, ReadyTalk, OptinMonster, TrustPulse, SurveyGizmo, Eventbrite, AdRoll
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive base salary, bonus plan and stock options; potential to become a full-time salaried position with benefits as the company grows
- Work from home – remote position from anywhere in the U.S. – have a flexible schedule to support a work/life balance
- Minimal travel (approx. once per quarter)
- Try and learn new marketing strategies and tools to grow your skillset
- Enjoy who you work with and laugh each day